[nsp] Faxing issues with Cisco IP telephony.

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Wed Jul 7 19:05:41 EDT 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 6:38 PM, Anson Rinesmith wrote:

> I have a customer I am delivering a PRI ISDN T1 to. They have a vendor
> that
> has installed a CCM IP platform for them. They are unable to get faxes
> work.
>
> The vendor doesn't know how to make it work. The customer has come to
> me
> wanting to know what we can do. They are asking for a whole new T1
> just to
> get some good analog lines to fax over.
>

> Can anyone here help me help my customer make this work without the
> expense
> of a new T1?
>
> What can I have them check/look at/enable/disable/etc to help?

In order for a vendor to officially sell/install a Cisco IPT solution
they need to be Premier partners or better with a specialization in IP
Telephony.   A Reseller is not supposed to be able to source the IPT
gear (phones, software, gateways) unless they are authorized.  The
vendor should know how to make it work if they really can sell this
stuff.  If the software/hardware is properly licensed the customer
should be able to open a support case.

-Matt