[nsp] Two Routes to destination - failover

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Mon Jul 12 21:02:37 EDT 2004

I"m looking for a simple approach to an upcoming project.

We currently have a remote site that is working fine.  For redundency we would
like to take a separate physical route to this location using wireless and
make this new connection the "primary" connection and the existing connection
a "backup" connection.

Can this be done using two route statements and metic values?  I"m looking for
a really simple solution that will push all traffic via a primary link and
fallback to the secondary link if there's a failure..

Thanks,

Paul