[nsp] load balancing/DFP?

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon Jul 12 16:56:31 EDT 2004

> Which NLB vendors do you know who use a generic snmp daemon
> to let you ask a load balanced server. I just know that
> Nortel Alteon can accomplish this task.

Foundry has a pretty comprehensive MIB for their ServerIron
switches.  It'll let you query just about any statistic you
can think of wrt the operation of the switch and the load
balancing of connections.  Never looked at 'set'ing values
though as I've never had a situation the required it.

The SI's are a pretty capable switch.  They are a bit quirky
and temperamental but they work well once you get them going.

Bambi