[nsp] OC3 interfaces for 7xxx vs. other OC12 transport options

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Tue Jul 13 09:29:51 EDT 2004

I can't find anything in the PA-MC-STM-1 docs that says it will do a T1 -
only E1.

I don't think there are any PA's for the North American market to take an
OC3 and break it down into 84 T1's, or Packet over DS3 interfaces.

At 08:16 AM 13/07/2004, Thomas Kernen wrote:
> > PA-MC-STM-1SMI or MM.
> >
> > Or does this only work on SDH and not on SONET?
> >

>The PA-MC-SMT-1 works both on SDH and SONET. You can select it in the
>controller configuration.
>
>lab(config-controller)#framing ?
>   sdh    Use SDH Framing
>   sonet  Use Sonet Framing (default)
>
>Note that you can also select the AUG mapping to AU-3 or AU-4
>
>Thomas

---
Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)