[nsp] ONS15454 vs 12000 for the OC-3 demuxing

Cisco List CiscoList at go180.net
Tue Jul 13 21:47:39 EDT 2004

One option is to look at the secondary market.

The 12000 solution might look something like this:

GSR 12016 Chassis, single GRP, 3 SFC, 1 Alarm, redundant AC or DC power
for around $14,000
GE-GBIC-SC-B 1-port Gig E card $3,000
2-port channelized OC3 $9,500

Total: $26,500

15454 Solution

15454 ANSI Chassis, fan tray, AIC, dual XC-VT, dual TCC+ $20,000
2 x 12-port DS3 card $1,500 each
2 x 4-port OC3 card $1,000 each
2 x 2-port Channelized DS3 Port Adapter $10,000 each

Total: $42,500

Either solution will work.  The 12000 based solution would scale more
easily.  Especially when you consider that the 12016 can scale up to a
12816 pretty easily and support newer Engine 4 line cards.

My $.02 worth.

Good luck,
Chad

Chad E Skidmore