[nsp] VPN Clients through Border Manager

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Tue Jul 20 09:51:10 EDT 2004

OK, I'm stumped.

I have a client that needs to get around a Border Manager / filter
server / firewall via a VPN connection to us, to use our web application
over Citrix.  When the first person uses there Cisco VPN client and
connect to our VPN (3005) they make the connection, and can use the web
application.  But when the second person tries to connect to the same
VPN the Connection gets dropped.

I initially thought it was maybe a NAT issue.  But both users have
publicly addressed computers that just go through.  I also thought that
maybe it was that the Border Manager was only allowing one VPN
connection but the second user can connect to a second VPN (3005 also).

It looks like the only problem is when multiple users try to connect to
one VPN at the same time.  Both user can connect to this one VPN, just
not at the same time.  Any ideas????  I do not have access to this
Border Manager, but if I have something for the Admin at this site to
try, I believe he is willing.

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, or thoughts.

Scott