[c-nsp] subject line change?

joshua sahala jejs at sahala.org
Fri Jul 23 11:52:49 EDT 2004

On (23/07/04 09:07), Mike Lewinski wrote:

> >Seems there's a delete key for those.
>
> I completely wore mine out on the ~ 275 pieces of spam and ~ 30 viruses
> that I am deleting every day (yes, I have broken a 100k spam/year
> threshold :(

sounds like you need a better virus/spam filter.  with that much spam,
you should be able to train your filters quite quickly (unless you
don't save it, in which case you will have to look for a repository
online).  thunderbird has built in bayesian filters (tools->junk mail
controls), so the spam shouldn't actually bother you :) or maybe talk
to your mail admin about setting up amavis/clamav/spamassassin (or
any set of virus/spam tools that work similarly)

the few characters that are lost on the [c-nsp] are minimal, and you
can still put a very descriptive subject.  i see more subject space
wasted with Re: re: re: re: re: re: this subject sucks

oh, and btw, legel disclaimers are often added independent of the
person or their mua - this list adds it's own trailing info, but i
don't hear anyone complaining about that

/joshua
fools.
	- Douglas Adams -