[c-nsp] Verifying BGP Propragation

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Fri Jul 23 16:38:11 EDT 2004

Hi there...

We have a downstream connection that I'm trying to confirm is actually
appearing through two of our pipes.  The downstream has good connectivity
through other providers so a lot of their inbound traffic is closer than
what we are offering them.

When I try various looking glass sites and route servers our path doesn't
showup most of the time, if any of the time.

How can I verify that filters are not blocking their advertisements from us
effectively?  I have talked to both upstreams and they confirm that
advertisements are showing up on their edge and passing through....

Seems like a really basic thing, but I want to make sure...

Thanks,

Paul