[c-nsp] Verifying BGP Propragation

mezibra adel adel.mezibra-techlist at ip-generation.net
Sat Jul 24 07:13:37 EDT 2004

Peter,

- Check that your AS macro contains your customer AS, customer route object
are up to date on your/their IRR (RIPE, RADB etc...)? Most provider build
filter based on Internet Routing Registry.
- Its obvious but check that you have always-best path to your customer
through your customer pipe, not thru internet, which may happens if you
tweaked your local pref etc...
- check that the customer is doing the same advertisement at all its
uplink... (No more specific prefix)

- It may be due to some dampening policy in the path too in case of customer
link flapping...

It is difficult to troubleshoot such issue without having detail about all
involved AS / prefixes...

Adel Mezibra