[c-nsp] Sup 720 Console

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Tue Jul 27 16:18:05 EDT 2004

Is there something strange with the Sup 720 console?  I've just plugged into
the first one I've ever used and I see all of the logging stuff, but when I
hit return, I get nothing.  I've verified that everything works on a
different router and switch and when I plug it into the Sup 720, once it
boots up, I can't break in.  Any ideas?  (it's not speed, parity, flow
control, etc as it works fine on other devices)

On a side question, since the 720 uses slots 5/6, can you then use slots 1/2
for line cards?  I always thought they were reserved for Sups.