[c-nsp] Mac address accounting on Cisco 6509

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Sat Jul 31 15:33:01 EDT 2004

Hi Nicolas,
 the 6509 switches using mls, you are only seeing the packets as switched by the
msfc not the switch.

The only way you can do this is with netflow and an external collector.. iirc
theres one of the free collectors which can do this out of the box, google for
it, might be cflowd.

(i say its the only way, you can also disable mls.. but that will likely make
your router die when your load is significant)

Steve