[nsp] I need ideas on how to simulate a 200ms round-trip latency and bandwidth limitation.

Goldberg Alain (IT) alain at towersemi.com
Wed Jun 2 03:58:44 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I need to do some software tests between our main site and equipment
that will be collocated some 200ms from here.
I'd like to simulate the latency and some bandwidth limitation - let say
256Kbps.

The testing equipment I have on-hands is:
A couple of 250x routers, ( I tough to put them with serials back to
back but can't find the Female V35 cable and it will not create the
desired latency anyway).
A 2600 router with a couple of ethernets and one serial port.
An old 4500 router (enterprises image) .

A few 2924, 2950, 3550 switches

A few 6500's  (enterprises image) that are in production - so I can't
play much with them - let say I can make changes on a specific interface
- but not global changes.
 It has only ethernet ports.

A VPN-3006, and a couple of VPN's 3002.

A few AP-350's access points.

Please guys ... Be creative.

Thanks.

Alain Goldberg - Network manager - CCDA/CCNA AGG-RIPE - Tower
Semiconductors LTD.    Tel : 972-4-6506003 Fax : 972-4-6547788 Cell:
972-64-209662