[nsp] 2950 ignored errors

Chernov Alexander alec at kaluga.ru
Thu Jun 3 02:25:52 EDT 2004

  Good day for All!
I have the some catalyst 2950 connected via trunk (duplex mode
correct) and on trunk port i`m seeing permanently increasing ignored
errors.
On cisco site i read about this :
"Shows the number of received packets ignored by the interface
because the interface hardware ran low on internal buffers.
These buffers are different from the system buffers mentioned previously in the buffer description.
Broadcast storms and bursts of noise can cause the ignored count to be
increased."
Interesting thing:
On one switch there are too many ignored errors that became the cause
of the lost connectivity but on another there are no errors (That two
switches are connected on one main switch and have the same ios and configuration).
I know that there are too many broadcasts in my net but why one switch
is ok and another not.

Thank in advance.
--
Chernov Alexander (ALEC2-RIPE)