[nsp] I need ideas on how to simulate a 200ms round-trip latency and bandwidth limitation.

Goldberg Alain (IT) alain at towersemi.com
Thu Jun 3 03:17:31 EDT 2004

I tried to use the FreeBSD http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ip_dummynet/
that was suggested, but it didn't detect the ethernet NICs on the 3
boxes I tried to boot it with.

So I decided to take a closer look at the installation requirements for
Nistnet http://is2.antd.nist.gov/nistnet/,
installed it on a Redhat 7.3, thanks to the acurate documentation
(including the specific steps for Redhat) I was up and running in less
than 15 minutes.

It have a command line AND GUI control.

Definatly a great tool and exactly the tool I need.

\Alain.

Alain Goldberg - Network manager - CCDA/CCNA AGG-RIPE - Tower
Semiconductors LTD.    Tel : 972-4-6506003 Fax : 972-4-6547788 Cell:
972-64-209662