[nsp] Config too big for 2950-24T EMI

Marco Matarazzo marmata at libero.it
Mon Jun 7 08:57:24 EDT 2004

Hi all,

thanks for the responses about the interface counters, it seems like I won't
use the 3550's SVI for accounting ;)

Now, I've one the distribution switches here a 2950-24T with EMI. It seems
that I can't save a configuration greater than 4k... current one is
4091bytes (nothing too fancy, 5 trunk ports, a different vlan on each port
with the appropriate description) and when I try a wr mem, it says:

% Warning: Saving this config to nvram may corrupt any network management or
security files stored at the end of nvram.
Continue? [no]: no
% Configuration buffer full, can't add command:  description Trunk to
Customer Switch 3
%Aborting Save. Compress the config.[OK]

The command service config compress is not available on the 2950, tried to
bump up the boot buffers, still to no avail... a sh ver says:

32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.

And of course there's plenty of flash RAM available... any hints?

Thanks!
]\/[arco