[nsp] VPLS service on Cisco routers

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Tue Jun 8 09:35:26 EDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

> > Well , one can say that Juniper is compatible only with itself ( as long as
> > VPLS is concerned ) so it is not a big suprise :).
> > Unless they would also implement Lasserre-V.Kompella draft there will be
> > situation like Juniper VPLS vs Rest_of_the_world VPLS.
>
> That depends on what the customers demand. If enough customers find that
> they prefer the Juniper implementation, even Cisco will change :-)
>
> We're going for the Juniper variant in a mixed Cisco/Juniper network
> here.

As far as I understand the only difference about autodiscovery and
signaling. That should be resolved at IETF an ask router vendors to
implement the standard solution.

Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98