[nsp] VPLS service on Cisco routers

addie_list at dacafe.com addie_list at dacafe.com
Tue Jun 8 12:59:40 EDT 2004

Just to add I feel,the Alcatel 7750(Timetra)VPLS solution is better and
scalable than both(cisco + juniper) the vendors.
We have tested it and Alcatel came out with 99% success rate.

The best one is their Multicast+Vpls solution

Rgds
Aditya

http://www.alcatel.com/atr/abstract.jhtml?repositoryItem=/x/articlepaperlibrary/a7750sr_tp_3.jhtml

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
>
>> > Well , one can say that Juniper is compatible only with itself ( as
>> long as
>> > VPLS is concerned ) so it is not a big suprise :).
>> > Unless they would also implement Lasserre-V.Kompella draft there will
>> be
>> > situation like Juniper VPLS vs Rest_of_the_world VPLS.
>> That depends on what the customers demand. If enough customers find
that
>> they prefer the Juniper implementation, even Cisco will change :-)
We're going for the Juniper variant in a mixed Cisco/Juniper network
here.

> As far as I understand the only difference about autodiscovery and
signaling. That should be resolved at IETF an ask router vendors to
implement the standard solution.

This email was sent using http://cafemail.dcccafe.com .