[nsp] About to purchase AP-1121G or AP-1231G the question iswhich ?

Michael Costello michael at mercurynetworksinc.com
Thu Jun 10 09:40:26 EDT 2004

> It's quite simple - the 1100 series only have one antenna, whereas the
1200
> series have two (one receive, one transmit).  This means you can put more
> clients on each AP, or more bandwidth for each user.

The 1100 series as an internal, diversity antenna and operates as an
802.11b/g radio.

The 1200 series operates as an 802.11a/b/g radio and has RP-TNC connectors
for an external 2.4 GHz diversity antenna.

> Otherwise, they're mostly the same.

Besides antenna information, I know very little about the newest Cisco
Aironet products, though I have built a small network that used 340, 350,
and 1200 series APs without any client problems.  It is better to
communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of
good communication.