[nsp] PIX 535 stateful failover

Olav Langeland Olav.Langeland at activeisp.com
Mon Jun 14 04:02:38 EDT 2004

From: ibr94 [mailto:ibr94 at yahoo.com]
Sent: 13. juni 2004 18:20
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] PIX 535 stateful failover

>Hi,
>
>We  will have two PIX 535 unrestristed, each has two Gigabit and 5 FE. The Gigabit used for inside and outside
>connection. Have read from the CCO, for stateful failover must use Gigabit interface and can't use VLAN in Gig
>interface.
>If I still configure fstateful  failover in Ethernet interface, what will happen ? Or can I use one Gigabit intf for
>Inside and outside, and the other Gig intf for  stateful failover ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800eb72f.html
"Note   For Stateful Failover on a PIX 535, if you have Gigabit Ethernet (GE) interfaces, then the failover link must be GE."

I have heard that you can do inside/outside on the same interface via VLAN, but I have not tried this myself. Feel free to report back how it goes :)

Another good URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094ea7.shtml

regards
Olav Langeland - Active ISP