[nsp] "ignore" on PA-FE-TX, 12.2(18)S4

lee.e.rian at census.gov lee.e.rian at census.gov
Tue Jun 15 08:24:13 EDT 2004

Gert Doering wrote:

> I forgot to mention that the router in question is
> a 7200VXR/NPE-400, so "no MEMD or VIP" here.
>
> Ytti suggested that the problem might actually been caused by me
> incrementing the input queue size to 500 without adapting the SPD queue
> parameters (which would explain the high number of flushes but no
> input drops).  I have now increased the SPD thresholds as well, and am
> observing the box's behaviour.

Here's another place I'd like someone that actually knows what they're
talking about to jump in...

The limited testing I've done shows SPD thresholds are automatically
adjusted on the fly for 'real' routers.
  [MSFCs not being real routers but 'layer 3 switches' :-]
When I changed the input queue size to 200 on _all_ interfaces the SPD
thresholds were automatically changed.  My concern with manually changing
SPD thresholds is that important traffic [eg. routing updates] would no
longer be protected by SPD on some interfaces.

Regards,
Lee