[nsp] "ignore" on PA-FE-TX, 12.2(18)S4

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jun 15 10:46:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 08:24:13AM -0400, lee.e.rian at census.gov wrote:
> When I changed the input queue size to 200 on _all_ interfaces the SPD
> thresholds were automatically changed.  My concern with manually changing
> SPD thresholds is that important traffic [eg. routing updates] would no
> longer be protected by SPD on some interfaces.

Indeed, just tried this, and it also works.

The not-so-useful thing is that the "automatic spd adjusting" algorithm
also checks the input queue on Loopback interfaces...

cisco#sh ip spd
Queue min/max thresholds: 498/499, Headroom: 100
cisco#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
cisco(config)#int lo0
cisco(config-if)#no hold-queue 500 in
cisco(config-if)#^Z
cisco#sh ip spd
Queue min/max thresholds: 73/74, Headroom: 100

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de