[nsp] Source address routing on cisco catalyst 3550

Jordan Tikvesanski jtikves at sonet.com.mk
Tue Jun 15 10:00:41 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have troubles with routing based on source addresses with Cisco
Catalyst 3550.

I have two routers (R1 and R2) connected on different ISPs. R1 is
default gateway on the catalyst. OSPF is running on the catalyst, so
there are routes for specific subnets. Most of the customers and servers
connected on the catalyst are routed by their destination address
through R1, but I want traffic from some customers to be routed by
source address through R2, except if there is specific route to
destination.

set ip default next-hop <ip_address> doesn't work on c3550 (IOS
12.1(20)EA1a).

Regards
Jordan Tikvesanski