[nsp] Multiple ip local pools for PPPoA/E aggregation

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Fri Jun 18 03:48:42 EDT 2004

Hopefully this is the right list, it may be better suited for the cisco
NAS list.

I'm trying to split an "ip local pool" between two groups of PVCs each
of which have both PPPoE and PPPoA PVCs.

The part that is confusing me is how the vpdn-group for the pppoe
PVCs is selected.  How would I use two vpdn-groups?  I don't see any
reference to the vpdn-group inside the "vc-class atm" or PVC stanzas in
the config.  I've been digging through cisco's site and google all night
but I'm apparently not fluent enough to put it together yet from the
data I've found.

PPPoA seems to be much more clearcut.

The point of this exercise is that I need to split one group of the DSL
PVCs to another router, but want to be able to leave the config on the
existing system ready in case I have to fall back.  I want fall back
to be as simple as physically moving the ATM T1s back to the existing
system.  If I don't split the ip local pool, there will be config
changes required since I don't have enough available IP space to create
a new pool from fresh IPs on the new box.

lambert at lambertfam.org