[nsp] Multiple ip local pools for PPPoA/E aggregation

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Fri Jun 18 12:29:33 EDT 2004

Scott Lambert [lambert at lambertfam.org] wrote:
> Hopefully this is the right list, it may be better suited for the cisco
> NAS list.

There's a "broadband aggregation list" as well, cisco-bba, which is
probably most appropriate.

> I'm trying to split an "ip local pool" between two groups of PVCs each
> of which have both PPPoE and PPPoA PVCs.
>
> The part that is confusing me is how the vpdn-group for the pppoe
> PVCs is selected.  How would I use two vpdn-groups?  I don't see any

You can't use two vpdn-groups. :)

> reference to the vpdn-group inside the "vc-class atm" or PVC stanzas in
> the config.  I've been digging through cisco's site and google all night
> but I'm apparently not fluent enough to put it together yet from the
> data I've found.

To do what you want, you'll need to use the "PPPoE Profiles" feature
in 12.2(15)T or 12.3/12.3T. Docs are here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t15/ftpprfls.htm

Dennis