[nsp] APS manual switchover

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Mon Jun 21 20:04:44 EDT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 4:18 PM, Dmitry Volkov wrote:

> What is the difference between "aps force" and "aps manual" ?

> it takes about 30 sec if I do switchover manually on 7500 POS OC3. Is
> it
> normal ?

How are you benchmarking these switchover times?  E..g,
new routing adjacency, pings across the link, or other?  I
believe on the 7X00 series new routing adjacencies, forwarding
databases, and associated information need to be populated
(unlike a professed "more stateful switchover" with intra-router
APS on the 10K).  I.e., on this and the GSR platforms, Layer
3 restoration is required.

-danny