[nsp] 6509 Bad Slot

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 5 14:29:11 EST 2004

We saw it once, also on a 6509, a long time
ago.  6248 Cards placed in the slot "failed"
every few months.  After a few replacements,
we got suspicious.  We eventually swapped the
chassis (and Cisco was going to do a root cause
analysis - never heard back on that by the
way).  I simply wrote it off to hardware
sometimes fails.

Gary