[nsp] Connecting Long Haul to Intermediate Reach

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 09:39:55 EST 2004

The specs seem to suggest it -will- work?

Your wavelengths are the same and thats the thing that counts.. you just got to
make the powers match up, now they can handle -8dB so your IR-LR will be okay
but the LR-IR will be too powerful so you need to stick a 10db attenuator on the
transmit of the LR and should be fine..

Steve