[nsp] [vgi@zoreil.com: 10GigaEthernet on GSR feedback ...]

German Martinez gmartine at opentransit.net
Fri Mar 12 16:10:18 EST 2004

Moving one of my colleagues post to this list.
Thanks for your inputs.

German

----- Forwarded message from "Vincent Gillet - Opentransit.net" <vgi at zoreil.com> -----

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:34:32 +0100
From: "Vincent Gillet - Opentransit.net" <vgi at zoreil.com>
To: nanog at merit.edu
Subject: 10GigaEthernet on GSR feedback ...

Hi,

We recently installed 10GE interface on GSR boxes (Engine4+).

I are experiencing a SNMP counter issue with 802.1q VLAN.

We were used to have counters by 802.1q VLAN on GSR on 1GE, but it looks
to be broken for 10GE subinterfaces.

Counters are available by SNMP, but are buggy on Inbound.

ifHCInUcastPkts is OK, but ifHCInOctets is not.

Does anyone experienced such problem on 10GE with GSR ?
Counters from physical interace are fine. We experiences this on
SubInterfaces only.

Thanks.

Vincent.

BTW : YES, we already opened a case with vendor, but we would like to share
      Operations feedbacks on this.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"Discouragement is an enemy of your perseverance. If you don't fight against
discouragement you will become pessimistic first, and lukewarm afterwards.