[nsp] PIX 506e Question

J A Pine versatile at direct-support.com
Fri Mar 12 17:13:40 EST 2004

We are in the process of replacing our Netscreen firewall with a Cisco
PIX 506e Firewall.  We have several stored procedures that access our
inside web & ftp servers through our external IP's that are mapped
internally.  With the Netscreen firewall we could connect from inside
using our external IP's through the same interface.

The problem with the Cisco PIX 506e firewall is that I noticed you
cannot send a packet our an interface and receive it on the same
interface, thus not allowing us to connect to internal servers using our
outside IP's.  Is there a workaround for this, or a certain
configuration used to allow the interface to send & receive a packet on
the same interface?  Please advise, as we do not want to have to rewrite
several hundred stored procedures.  Thanks in advance!

J A Pine
Network/Telecommunications Technician