[nsp] IOS and MRTG-Statistic

Everett Dowd edowd at cox.net
Mon Mar 15 20:33:15 EST 2004

Hi,

We are using rsp-pv-mz.121-21.3.E2 (May be a special build) and it seems to
have all of the bugs fixed with NBAR and DCEF, which seems to be some of the
biggest problems with the 7500 and NBAR..... There is a problem with NBAR on
the 7500's that eat the memory and then crash. Once caveat is that all of
the VIP's MUST be VIP2-50 or greater before NBAR will function without
crashing. It took the TAC close to six months to actually identify the
problem and create this image to address the issue. You may want to validate
your HW configuration before you even attempt to run with NBAR.

As we don't use MPLS, not too sure about any problems this may introduce..
We do have GIGE, FE and DS3 cards in the box with two full BGP feeds and it
runs so far without any problems... (I'd give you a Bug ID but CCO still
appears to be having problems...) MRTG also seems to not have any problems
with this image...

YMMV

Everett