[nsp] Weird Problem - 6509 rate limiting

Jay Greenberg jg at execulink.com
Tue Mar 16 15:18:19 EST 2004

It might be useful to state that Paul is using NativeIOS, so we don't
have a choice about where we configure the policing.    Check out this
error:  (Note that this cat has MSFC2/PFC installed)

lon-6500-core-2(config)#int vlan32
lon-6500-core-2(config-if)#rate-limit in 1500000 15000 15000 conf
trans exc$
Rate-limit command is not supported in hardware  use service-policy
command

lon-6500-core-2(config-if)#service-policy out thePolicy
QoS: match type in class class-default not supported on Vlan32
QoS: policy thePolicy actions for class class-default are not supported
on Vlan32
QoS: match type in class class-default not supported on Vlan32
QoS: match type in class class-default not supported on Vlan32

Any ideas?