[nsp] Rate limiting for PPPoE

Brian Lehigh brianl at sti.net
Tue Mar 16 16:14:52 EST 2004

Hello all,
I wanted to get some input from the group on how you rate-limit your
PPPoE sessions, if at all.  We are aggregating about 1600 DSL and
Wireless customers into a 7206VXR NSE-1 running 12.3(3).  We're not
really worried about throttling the DSL customers because they are being
provisioned at different speeds by the Telco, but we currently have no
way of throttling our wireless customers (nothing available in the AP,
CPE, etc.)
Is it possible to apply a rate limit to a PPPoE session via RADIUS, etc.
or does it need to be applied to a physical interface?
Any help / suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Lehigh
Network Operations Center
Sierra Tel Internet
http://www.sti.net