[nsp] Rate limiting for PPPoE

Konstantin Barinov sbr at infonet.ee
Wed Mar 17 00:01:24 EST 2004

Hi,

It is possible in 12.2B - to pass interface parameters (including
rate-limit) to Cisco via radius. But perhaps it gonna kill CPU.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk545/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b2d29.shtml

Btw, I'm also interested in performance of this solution. We now
terminate pppoe on linux boxes with kernel mode pppoe and rshaper
module compiled in. CPU's are Xeon 2Ghz, load is ~25% on 600 sessions.

br
--
Konstantin Barinov
INFONET AS, Tallinn, Estonia