[nsp] MRTGStatistics

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Wed Mar 17 10:35:31 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, M.Palis wrote:

> We recently upgraded our c7507 router to IOS ver 12.2(18)S3 but mrtg
> statistics on serial Interfaces for outgoing traffic has stop working. On
> the same router we have ATM interfaces and Ethernet interfaces and MRTG
> traffic statistics are working Perfect as before the upgrade. The strange
> thing is that ONLY outgoing statistic stop working and NOT incoming..

Have you looked at the interface descriptors (ifDescr) on the router to
make sure the ifIndex values for those interfaces have changed since the
upgrade?  IOS doesn't use persistent ifIndex values (ifIndex value for a
given interface stays the same even if the router is rebooted) unless it's
specifically configured.

jms