[nsp] Policy routing .. Cisco-6006

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Thu Mar 18 00:11:45 EST 2004

Well, before I tried anything else, your 1st problem may be that you are running 12.0(7)XE1 (!!!!) which is *incredibly* ancient code, and also one of the very 1st releases for the platform.. Before anything else, I would move to more recent code (12.1E based), and see if the problem still exists.

The 3-5 hr timeframe suggests ARP (to me). There were several bugs relating to ARP and the MLS cache in old code, you could very well be hitting one of them.

Note that PBR is in s/w by default on this platform. Not sure what perf you need, if you want to do PBR in h/w in sup1, you need the mls ip pbr command. There are some caveats with this command due to the flow-based nature of sup1.

Tim

At 06:53 PM 3/17/2004, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net announced:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759