[nsp] PA-MC-T3 and 7206 non-VXR

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sat Mar 20 18:40:44 EST 2004

Adam Maloney <adamm at sihope.com> writes:

> I have a customer that is buying a 7206 (non-VXR) with an NPE-200 and
> wants an MC-T3 in it.
>
> His cisco reseller says that the card only works in VXR chassis that
> My reseller says it will work, and this page:

Part of this confusion may be coming from the fact that there is an
"old" dual-wide channelized DS3 PA known as the PA-CT3/4T1 (the same
daughtercard as found on the CT3IP-[45]0 for the 7500), which will
work in a non-VXR but not in a VXR.  The PA-MC-T3 and PA-MC-2T3 will
work on both platforms, and I am in fact using them in both platforms
in production even as we speak (as others have noted).

If your customer is quite sure that he will not upgrade to a VXR and
doesn't need the extra slot for something else, he can save a tidy sum
of money by buying the old card.

                                        ---Rob