[nsp] Console logging

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Wed Mar 24 12:00:33 EST 2004

Hi list,

when I connect to the console of an equipment that has been in the field for
some time, it sometimes outputs a lot of old messages that might be
irrelevant to me - not that I don't like console logging, but if it relates
to events that happened a few days ago, it is IMHO of limited interest.

So how do I disable the sending these messages? There should be a way to
tell the box to send messages to console only if a PC is connected to the
console port, but maybe the box has no way of detecting a connected
device?... Or maybe I should tell the box to send messages to console only
if a user is *logged on* on 'line con 0'?

Vincent