[nsp] Maximum 2 MBPs Serial Ports in the 2610

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Thu Mar 25 06:40:56 EST 2004

> > As I understand the 2610 does not support the NM-1FE2W / NM-2FE2W..
>
> That's strange, I could swear the NM-1FE2W, NM-2FE2W,
> NM-1FE1R2W, and NM-2W are supported by the 2600 series. IIRC,
> the new NM-1FE2W-V2 and NM-2FE2W-V2 modules are also
> supported, if you have the minimum IOS/RAM required.
>
> The 2600 series should swallow the NM-xFE2W module - but your
> minimum IOS version would have to be 12.0(7)XK with 32MB DRAM
> minimum. Any IOS featureset will do.

That was a bad surprise to me too (and a subject for a previous post
on this list): NM-xFE are not supported by 2600 - there seems to be
no way to have 3 FE ports on a 2600 (even XM).

Now, if that helps you, we are running 2621 with NM-2W and four
VWIC-2MFT-E1, for a total of 8 E1 ports - I know that's not really
what you are trying to achieve...

Vincent