[nsp] failing 1605

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat Mar 27 19:21:43 EST 2004

At 06:48 PM 3/27/2004, Roger wrote:
>I havea 1605 thats been rebooting on me lately.  I've replaced the power
>supply but once I saw the info from 'show version' I think the router
>itself might be bad.  Note the software force crash.
>
>This router does debugging level logging to a syslog server, w/ nothing
>out of the ordinary showing up.
>Does anyone have any insight to the error?  I'm thinking of replacing the
>stick of ram in the router.  If not I'll have to pitch the entire
>unit?  The version of IOS were running on a number of 1605 and it seems to
>work just fine so I don't know/think a IOS upgrade will do any good - but
>I'm not adverse to tring..  Suggestions?
>
>Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
>IOS (tm) 1600 Software (C1600-OY-M), Version 12.2(17a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

12.2 is now GD. Why not load the latest 12.2.x image on it? 12.2(17a) is ED
and has a number of known defects. That's the first thing that comes to
mind for me anyway. We have found different results from different routers
running the same IOS. It depends on the traffic passing through them and
the traffic directed at them.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey