[nsp] 7500 AC Power Cords

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 14:48:46 EST 2004

Beprojects.com wrote:

>Does anybody have a place to order longer-than-normal AC power cords for the
>7500 series AC power supplies?  There is a little slot in them where they
>are plugged into the PS, so I can't use a standard cord.  I am looking for
>~10' cords.  Thanks.

It's probably an IEC320 connector, from the sounds of your description
it's a C15/C16 which are are higher-current version of the standard
connector. (The standard connector itself is capable of more than 3A,
but it's usually put on the end of something with a 3A fused plug in it)

The "normal" connector you see is an IEC320-C13 or -C14. (C13 is female,
C14 male) 6500s/7600s/12ks etc take the even bigger C19/C20 connector.

Also, have a look at http://www.accesscomms.com.au/iec320.htm to help
identify the cable type.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time