[nsp] Alternative to 2611XM?...

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Tue Mar 30 09:54:33 EST 2004

An 806 will get killed by that level of bandwidth.... How about a 1700
series instead?  Personally I'd stick with a 2600 series because of cpu
etc..  Don't think IPX is supported on the 800 series but pretty sure on the
1700 series (check with Cisco etc.).

Purely on throughput why not go to 1700 series with a pair of 10/100 ports?
You may find (depending on your supplier) though that by the time you load
up a 1700 you will be paying pretty close to a 2611XM anyways...

Paul