[nsp] WS-6748-GE-TX performance?

Sven Huster sven at huster.me.uk
Tue Mar 30 16:26:43 EST 2004

Hello

Planning to use a WS-6748-GE-TX with a DFC3A, I wonder if anyone got
experience with the performance I could expect.

It says in the specs that one should expect 40Gbps and 48Mpps forwarding
performance for the whole module.

Any idea what that would mean down to a single port?
So if i only got 20 ports or so used, can I expect linerate forwarding
given small packets or would I need to consider it 1Mpps/port?

How about ACLs? Would I be able to drop at linerate while getting no
performance hit on the permitted traffic?

Thanks
Sven