[nsp] 802.1x

Alban Dani adani at stevens.edu
Tue Mar 30 17:31:25 EST 2004

I have recently installed ACS 3.2 and I am trying to get 802.1x going using
PEAP.

I am using Windows XP SP1, Cisco ap1100/ap1200 and catalyst 2950-48
switches. Also installed the Microsoft patch KB826942.

I have tried both the Microsoft Supplicant and the Cisco Supplicant on the
wireless side of things and they work just fine.

However to my surprise I am finding out that dot1x is no working on the
wired side of things.

I have configured the catalyst switch by adding the following commands:

aaa authentication dot1x default group radius

radius-server host x.y.z.w auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key ******

and under the interface : dot1x port-control auto

On the ACS side I have configured it to authenticate using Radius IETF (and
also tried CISCO IOS/PIX without much success).

The error log on the ACS says: "Bad request from NAS" and "Invalid message
authenticator in EAP request"

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Alban