[nsp] GSR problem with ping ?? crashed at 27mbit/s

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Mar 30 17:37:24 EST 2004

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, lexus wrote:

: All I did was to send a massive ping test, 18000 Byte packets at 0 sec

Pick 1 second (there're no fractional seconds allowed).  I used to log on
to the router on all 6 sessions and do max size at one second from 5 of
the sessions and watch the counters from the 6th.  Ticks off all others
that want to log onto the router (only 6 simultaneous sessions are
allowed) but it got the job done...  ;-)

You can see the same thing on a *nix machine.  Do "top" from the command
line, then type "s" (seconds between updates) and then type 0 (for zero
seconds between updates).  Your box will crash soon, so watch the load
average closely.

scott