[nsp] BGP Best Path Selection Algorithm

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri May 7 10:11:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 02:53:25PM +0100, Ryan O'Connell wrote:
> [1] AFAIK, anyway. I doubt a router prunes, say, a /24 just because both
> /25s are under it but I suppose one could.

That would be an implementation optimization :-)

>From the way CEF works (building a sort of binary tree from the RIB)
I'd assume that the /24 in this case is pruned indeed - but maybe not
"actively" so, but just by "overriding all bits from the least specific
entry, until no original leaf node from that entry is left"...

gert

--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * RIPE48 / Amsterdam *