[nsp] Cisco-like CLI interpreter

Lajber Zoltan lajbi at lajli.gau.hu
Fri May 14 15:13:33 EDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Rubens Kuhl Jr. wrote:

> Hi.
>
> After seeing many non-Cisco devices with Cisco-like CLI interfaces, I'm
> assuming that it's not patented by Cisco.  Have anyone seen an
> open-source interpreter that presents a Cisco-like interface, so one can
> make a home-made device looks more familiar to operations personnel ?

It's seams like an old, abandoned project, but give a try:
http://www.gnu.org/directory/network/misc/cish.html

It uses the old 2.2 kernel ipchains. Should be nice to update to use
recent  linux kernel (2.6.x) netfilter, vlan and bridge funcions.

Bye,
 LAJBER Zoltan               Szent Istvan Egyetem,  Informatika Hivatal
      engineer: a mechanism for converting caffeine into designs.