[nsp] Finding the bandwith hog

atticus at satanic.org atticus at satanic.org
Sat May 15 01:09:17 EDT 2004

> I rarely use the percent utilization rate, but the "top bytes" counter
> (or "top packets").

Biggest thing for me is just narrowing down to a subset of ports to check
out further (or atleast to confirm the few I already suspect). Even _with_
mrtg/cricket, identifying top consumers on a 48 port switch is cumbersome.
Consider that beyond this you're dealing with multiples of 48, and it
becomes almost impossible.

Of course, I'm sure the development managers made a deliberate decision
against this, or else Gert whoukd have another set of broken counters to
rant about.... :)