[nsp] no AS# in netflow data on 7500

Marko Milivojevic markom at pangalactic.net
Wed May 19 09:57:35 EDT 2004

> While it is the case that lack of BGP (AS-based) routing information for a
> destination will lead to 0 dst_as values for flows to that destination,
the
> rest of that answer is too sweeping.  The dst_as will be filled in for
> destinations with AS-based routing, & the src_as can still be non-zero for
> some flows even if dst_as is 0.  Also, there is no one right choice for
> "origin-as" or "peer-as";  it depends on what you want to track.

    You are correct, but in the case of purely internal router and peer-as,
wouldn't src_as also be 0? :-) /* I didn't try this scenarion, quite
honestly */

    I agree that for "what you want to track", you need to select what
setting you want, but for troubleshooting flows, origin-as is more useful
than peer-as.

Marko.