[nsp] Re: no AS# in netflow data on 7500

Jay Ford jay-ford at uiowa.edu
Wed May 19 10:03:50 EDT 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Marko Milivojevic wrote:
>     You are correct, but in the case of purely internal router and peer-as,
> wouldn't src_as also be 0? :-) /* I didn't try this scenarion, quite
> honestly */

Maybe.  I didn't try it on an internal box either, but I'd guess that if the
router has AS-based info (via iBGP or eBGP), it would fill in what it knows.
However, I've guessed wrong before about what routers should do. ;^)

>     I agree that for "what you want to track", you need to select what
> setting you want, but for troubleshooting flows, origin-as is more useful
> than peer-as.

Agreed, but if you want to track what you send to what peers, "peer-as" is
the better choice.  It's a useful knob to be able to turn.