[nsp] PPPoE LNS - Redback, Juniper, or Cisco?

Michel Renfer michel.renfer at lan.ch
Thu May 20 13:55:39 EDT 2004

Hi Jay

Just my experience with c7200 as LNS for broadband aggregation. With a
NPE-300 you can run safely arround 2000 users. Ensure, that you don't
hit
any MTU (don't fragment packets!) and Virtual Interface (use
pre-cloning!)
problems - both can consume a lot of CPU cycles.

With a NPE-G1 you should be able to run arround 3000 users. So, one 7200
cannot
handle all users you currently have on one SMS...

cheers,
michel